REDMOND ROAD CLOSURES & DELAYS WEEKLY UPDATE
Week of Monday, May 28 thru June 1, 2018
Street Maintenance Projects:
Tuesday, May 29 – Starting at 8:30 a.m. Deschutes County road crew will be stripping recent over lay roads, this will cause traffic disruptions and slow-moving vehicles on the following streets:
* SW 27th St from SW Highland Ave to SW Obsidian Ave complete lane striping.
* East Antler Ave from Hwy 97 east to NE 11th St complete lane striping.
* NW Larch Ave from Bus 97 to Hwy 97 center lane stripe with occasional bike lane.
Wednesday, May 30 – SW Wickiup Ave will have a lane closure west bound from SW 31st St to SW 32nd St for guard rail installation on the north side alongside walk this work will be starting @ 7:30 AM.
Thursday, May 31 – SW Wickiup Ave will have a lane closure west bound from SW 31st St to SW 32nd St for guard rail installation on the north side alongside walk this work will be starting @ 7:30 AM.
Throughout the week legends will be installed in various locations (stop bars, crosswalks, school zones, bike symbols) with traffic interruptions in the intersections and along the road ways.
Special Event Closures:
*Residential Road Construction by Shamrock NW Construction –
Thursday, May 31 thru June 27- Starting at 8:00 a.m. NW 10th St to be closed from NW Negus Pl to NW Oak will be closed while Shamrock Northwest crews remove roadway, install utilities, curb, base rock, and asphalt paving.
*NW Canyon Dr. will also be closed at NW 10th St. Use NW Maple Ave from Business 97 to access streets south of closure and NW Quince Ave from Business 97 to access streets north of closure.
Historic Redmond Hotel Renovation Project –
Monday, May 7 thru August 31 – from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Righthand lane of SW 6th St. to be partially closed from midblock between SW Deschutes Ave. and SW Forest Ave. to midblock between SW Evergreen Ave. and SW Forest Ave. The 6th St. sidewalk from SW Evergreen Ave. south to midblock will also be closed during the lane closure.
Monday, May 7 thru August 31 – from 6:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Alley behind the Historic Redmond Hotel between SW 6th St. and SW 7th St. and between SW Evergreen Ave. and SW Forest Ave.
All businesses will remain open during this closure. Activities resulting in noise will not begin until 7:00 a.m.
South Canal Improvement Project – South Canal Blvd is closed between Wickiup Ave. and the Yew Avenue roundabout for the next few weeks. Local access is permitted. The intersection of South Canal Blvd and Wickiup Ave. will remain closed to traffic.
Scheduled Activities for the week of 5/21/2018 – 5/25/2018:
• Excavation/construct subgrade of road footprint.
• 8-inch storm system (8-inch storm pipe, drywells, & sedimentation manholes).
• Water line tie-in @ SW Canal Blvd & SW Wickiup Ave. planned for 5/21/2018.
o Eight water services and connections.
• Water line tie-in @ SW Canal Blvd & SW 27th St/Yew Ave. (roundabout) planned for 5/22/2018
o Ten water services and connections.
• Removal of existing 6-inch water line along SW Canal Blvd from SW Wickiup Ave. to roundabout.
• The intersection of South Canal Blvd and Wickiup Ave. will remain closed to traffic. Expect to see crews working between Wickiup Ave. and the roundabout on South Canal Blvd through July 2018.
Rebuilding the street will take 13 months, with project completion set for April 2019. Sections of South Canal Blvd will be closed temporarily during construction, but local access to area homes and businesses will remain open. Weekly project updates can be found online at https://www.southcanalblvd.org/.
Residents may call the Construction Hotline for more information or to report a concern at 541-579-2233.
ALL work schedules are subject to change, dependent on weather conditions and other factors